Friday, June 24, 2011

Follow Friday #1

This is the first Follow Friday post for Cotton Candy Reviews. Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Parajunkee. This meme is to help all us bloggers out there get to know one another. There is also a weekly featured blogger and this week is Mickey from I'm a Book Shark.

Q. In light of the Summer Solstice, also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

I have three. Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, Barrons is just so yummy. I also love her Highlander series, and that's how I got into her Fever series. Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey, I love how it has characters based losely on Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely. Her books are just that little bit darker.

6 comments:

  1. New follower,,,and Im as well a huge Fever Fan,,love Barrons,,and this is the 4th blog with Wicked Lovely,,,definately going to be purchasing that one soon..
    have a great weekend..
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there. New follower here. I've got to get going on the Fever series. I've been wanting to read them for months but haven't managed to get very far into my TBR stack. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew, I hope I can get to Marr's series soon. I keep seeing so much of them on here!

    New follower!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check that series out. I've seen it mentioned a few times. Sounds good. Great answer.

    Here's my Friday

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. New follower! I am almost done with the Fever series. It's so much fun.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I SO need to read the Fever series, I keep hearing about it everywhere, so it has to be incredible! I also had Iron Fey series as my answer as well!

    ReplyDelete