Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck

Title: Tiger's Voyage
Author: Colleen Houck
Age Group: Young Adult
Release Date: November 10th 2011
Publishers: Hachette Australia
Available from: Amazon
Amazon UK
The Book Depository
The Nile
I received this book from the publisher.



With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections - leaving Kelsey more confused than ever.

-------------

The third installment in Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse series is a thrilling and emotional read. Kelsey, Ren and Kishan are some of the best characters to read. They're vivid and alive, and you just get tangled up in their story. I enjoy how real Kelsey's character is. She's a great mixture of stubborn and vulnerable, with the same insecurities we all have. It's hard not see parts of yourself in her. Then there's Ren and Kishan. Not one, but two gorgeous Prince's that vie for her attentions. These two are why I read YA. They're strong, protective, a little possessive, and have always got Kelsey's best interests at heart. Ren and Kelsey have an electric chemistry, that leaps off the pages. Theirs is a heartbreaking love story. I swear I cried at one point, thinking how unfair their lives are. Why can't they catch a break!

It takes you on a journey of epic proportions, dragging you through the pages. I love how Colleen describes everything. For me it gives the story life. Their journey is fraught with danger, trying to break the curse. The dragons they need to find are deceitful and tricky, forcing the trio into challenges for their help. I relish the adventure I am taken on in these books, so much so it was difficult to drag myself away from the pages. The ending is action packed, and has me hanging on by my fingertips for book 4!

Tiger's Voyage is an engrossing, irresistible read. There's something for everyone; fantasy, romance, adventure and compelling characters. You are certainly missing out if you haven't picked up this series. I can honestly say I adore this series. 
5/5

1 comment:

  1. Great review, I might have to give this one a try. Love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete